Ron Hall (USA)
Modifications '00 XX:
- ZERO GRAVITY Sport Touring Windscreen, Smoke color (part #
12-425-02). In addition, I've added some Saeng/TA "Stealth
Edging" to further reduce the wind noise
- raised handlebars about 3/4" just by unscrewing the main hex
bolt on the "riser" and sliding it up, the re-tightening the
bolt. This helps keep the weight off my hands due to my 6'2"
frame, plus it's cheaper than getting the $130+ Heli-Bar riser.
- I've replaced the stock handgrips with some inexpensive
thicker foam grips,
- Vista Cruise throttle lock by making one or two modifications to the
- TourMaster TB-17 Tail Bag and the TB-12 Magnetic Tank Bag. These are
very good investments for the 'touring' part of the Blackbird.
- TWO BROTHER'S C-5 Oval Titanium slip-on's. "This has been
the best modification to my bike yet. The sound is AWESOME, it adds
more horsepower in the high-end (I can actually get the front end to
lurch from 4-5-6 gears). Plus, these pipes deleted 15 pounds off the
bike - handles a little better now, not to mention the color goes
excellently with the Titanium color of the bike. Overall, I'm VERY
pleased with the pipes."
- And last, not really a "modification," but I got a
personalized license plate which says "FIRFX." This is in
reference to the 1980's movie starring Clint Eastwood where he steals
the Russian plane, the MiG-31/Firefox. In the movie, it's the fastest
plane in the world with some very interesting technology. All the
other good ones, BLKBD - SR-71 - DBL X, were taken here in Arizona.
- Hot Grips heated hand grips
- modified license plate by removing the license plate light/mount,
drilled two holes in the plastic and moved the license plate flush
with the bottom of the red reflector. "I did this because no one
makes a good fender eliminator kit for our bike yet".
- With the remaining wire from the license plate light, I've modified
a car cigarette lighter AC/DC adapter to power my CD player in my tank
bag, which I have hooked up to my HJC-FRS Chatterbox communication
Questions about these modifications can be send to Ron.